Saturday, March 21, 2009

Crazy Things

I rode a Sea Doo naked once at Lake Powell. I've gone road sledding during the winter, and hurt myself every time. I once went sledding down the Old Main hill at USU on an inflatable mattress. I tried slalom water skiing, and got my ski caught in the rope and was dragged underwater for about 15 seconds. I used construction cones to divert traffic in another direction. I've shot bottle rockets out of a car window while driving. I witnessed a car accident once, and saw a woman bleed out of her neck while screaming in horror. I've seen families torn apart by infedelity. I've known teenagers who are pregnant. I once prayed for my friend's father to conquer melanoma cancer, and saw him win. I've attended the funeral of one of my good friend's mother, and prayed for comfort upon her family. I've said and done horrible things to people, and have seen them forgive me for some reason. I've pushed friends away, yelled at my family, and lived without religion. Why has all this crazy stuff been an influence on my life? I don't know yet. But I'm glad it has happened, because I know I wouldn't be going on a mission for the one true Church of Christ if it wasn't for all these things that have given me experience. Just some crazy things I've been thinking about, dunno why exactly. Life is good, as long as we remember Christ in our daily lives, No matter what happens :)

2 comments:

  1. I like this, Andrew! It's very well written and very cool. I'm glad you like church now, and that we're almost friends, but not quite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've liked church for a while now, sorry if you didn't know. haha and I consider you a friend! even though i pretend to notice when you change your hair...

    ReplyDelete